Sunday, April 8, 2012

Concept

So, recently for the church that is world wide broadcast.  Some of the things I liked from it were from one of the members of the First Presidency Elder Uchtdorf.  He spoke on two words "Stop it".  He went on to explain that we need to let go of grudges and hurtful feelings.  That acting that way doesn't help us any, but hurts us.  We need to love our Enemies because hate is not something we want to feel either. It will de- sensitize us to other things and will harden our hearts.   Today is Easter, and we had a Family Home Evening lesson on using God's name in Vain.  It brought home this point of "Stop it" because Christ wasn't a hater at any point in his life.  He never judged or ridiculed.  This lesson is good because most times I think we don't realize we are having ill feelings in our heart.  Recently, my sister has had to work with someone who is rude, insulting and mean to her.  It has made me sad and mad at this person. But, I know that is will not help.  We need to stand up for ourselves when we are being torn down and made fun of, but we don't need to be mean and hard hearted in the process.  This event has really made me think of this lesson I have had pointed out to me 2 times now in the last 2 weeks. I'm thinking there is something to be gained and learned from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment