Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Quilt tying

So, after my church institute class tonight. My friends and I went to the service center there in the building and they have projects out that you can choose to work on.  My friend and I chose to attempt quilt tying.
 Took us a few minuets to figure out which direction and such for putting the needle in correctly :)
Then we figured out the how, but we could not get our needles in and out of the fabric.  Needless to say it looked as though we were having fights with the quilt.  Which, I guess in a way we were.
 It took over 10 minuets to make two ties in the quilt.
We finally got smart and started using push pins to make a hole first and then put the dull needles in.  It worked.
 We blame the needle and not ourselves.
It was really entertaining watching the other one trying to get the needle through.  we laughed at each other because it was a really funny scene.
Hopefully whichever receiver in need gets the quilt will forgive us.

No comments:

Post a Comment