Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Power of Awesomeness!

 I am in my last week of training at work. Super busy, like morning to night of stuff literally.
We did ropes course, power pole, flying eagle, and zip line training. We were all trained how to tie the knots used for belaying correctly. We were tested, it took me twice. We are now trained for properly belaying of these courses.
We do have to do all of the activities ourselves, so we know the feel, and will relate with the kids.
I did all the high ropes course things. Catwalk is walking across a log with nothing to hold and walking straight across it. You are of course attached to rope and have belayers. I did bridge of dreams which is holding onto ropes on either side of you and walking a wire. The swings, very difficult in high wind that we have here. You have to move from one swing to another side ways. You have to rock your body sideways to get it to swing and reach out to grab the next swing.  Power pole this one I admit- scared me pretty good. You climb a ladder, climb prungs on a pole. You than have to put one foot up at a time on top of the log. But, you have to balance doing it, there is nothing at all to hold on to. One foot on the last prong is much lower than the leg you have to put up on the log first. So, you have to push into one knee to and pull the other leg up while balancing. Than, you have to stand. When we do, look down ah!!!! The pole wobbles on top of that. You have to jump from the pole to this trapeze swing . I managed to grab it, and than lost my grip and the people said I look like a rag doll flapping and twisting every which way haha!
I than did the flying eagle, it is stepping onto a ladder in the middle of the course. Put into a harness, and hooked onto a rope. Than, have to grip a rope that you let go as you get to the height you want to swing from. You have a pulling crew and they pull you up from the ground on your attached rope to your harness. When you are at the height you want you say, 1,2,3 stop, and you release your rope and you swing and it's a huge swing. But, it was actually fun.

We did trails yesterday, and anyone who knows me knows directions aren't my strong point. But, I did manage to find the two destinations I was assigned. so yah !!!

Today is astronomy testing. So, need to do some more studying for that now ;)

2 comments: